Web Publisher in a Social Startup
Internship starting on February 7, 2022, for 6 months - Geneva (Switzerland)
BØWIE is an initiative of Be You Network. We create engaging actions and mindset-shifting content, so that gender norms no longer define who you are, who you can love, or what you can achieve. Since 2010, whether in the fields of education, audiovisual, technology or art, our participative actions have enabled more than 300,000 people to take action, in more than 60 cities in Switzerland and across the world. Our work has been recognized by the Swiss Confederation, the Mercator Foundation, the World Economic Forum, Ashoka, MassChallenge and Le Temps.
The project that you'll be working on
BØWIE Creators: A community platform where queer and feminist people from around the globe have access to curated content and products from worldwide creators reshaping gender through film, fashion, art, music & more. More information on our Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/bowiecreators/ & website: https://www.bowiecreators.com/
BØWIE Incubator: A 6-month programme that allows anyone to launch a gender and LGBTIQ+ project, surrounded by a community that provides inspiration, skills, and support (e.g. business development, project management, communication and marketing, fundraising, networking). More information on our website: https://www.bowiecreators.com/incubator and in the video:
Coached by our Head of Communication, you'll be in charge of:
- Setting up the necessary conditions to enable the publication of 1 blog article per week on BØWIE’s new website, including:
- Participating in the definition of the blog's objectives and publication strategy, including based on SEO analysis
- Scouting for bloggers from all around the world and reaching out to them through social media
- Coordinating the production of articles by creators and ensuring the care of bloggers from A to Z
- Publishing the articles on BØWIE’s website (Webflow CMS)
- Personally producing articles on topics that you care about :)
- Publishing new creators’ features on a daily basis on BØWIE’s website, as well as announcements
- Writing and sending the weekly BØWIE newsletters for supporters and creators
- Gender, LGBTIQ+, equality and inclusion topics are important to you and you want to make them visible in an innovative way
- You are comfortable in social contacts, are eager to get in touch with bloggers and with the creators that we support, and you are looking forward to hearing their stories
- Passionate about writing and blogging, you can’t wait to contribute to the development of BØWIE’s new website to change the narrative around queer and feminist topics
- You enjoy writing in English and are able to converse in French (that’s our team language), and you're irritated by the spelleeng mistakes in this sentence, as well as by the double spaces
- You are interested in digital content creation, digital marketing, SEO and project management
- You’re ready to take on Google Analytics to analyse the results of your publications
- You have some knowledge of graphic design softwares like Canva, Illustrator or Photoshop, and would be interested in developing these skills
- You are naturally proactive and full of ideas that you can't wait to share with us
- You want to live the exciting adventure of an entrepreneurial project with a young and experienced team that's neither afraid of hard work nor of afterworks to relax
If that’s you: Welcome home!
What we offer
A full-time internship in Geneva, Switzerland starting on February 7, 2022 for 6 months (we work remotely on Wednesdays and Fridays and in the office in Geneva on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
The opportunity to participate in the development of two innovative, creative and socially impactful projects with a national and international audience
CHF 500.-/month and 2 weeks of paid holidays
An experience where you bring your own ideas while receiving the support you need to progress
Skills in blogging, communication, strategy development, content creation, graphic design, community management, project management and social entrepreneurship
Access to our national and global network on gender, LGBTIQ+, diversity, entrepreneurship, and social innovation, and the opportunity to participate in cool events in all of these domains
Regular team-building events to get out of the office and get together!
Last but not least: a work environment where you can always be your true self :)
Is this mission for you?
Apply until January 31, 2022, on this form and tell us your vision of how you’ll go about scouting bloggers on queer and feminist topics for BØWIE’s new website. Don't hesitate to attach your portfolio if you have one! We'll discuss it over virtual coffee!