About BE YOU NETWORK
We create engaging actions and mindset-shifting content, so that gender norms no longer define who you are, who you can love, or what you can achieve. Since 2010, whether in the fields of education, audiovisual, technology or art, our participative actions have enabled more than 250,000 people to take part in the change, in more than 60 cities in Switzerland and across the world. Our work has been recognized by the Swiss Confederation, the Mercator Foundation, the World Economic Forum, Ashoka, MassChallenge, Le Temps, Venture, Venture Kick, and the Female Founders Summit.
The two projects that you'll be working on
BØWIE Creators: A community platform where queer and feminist people from around the globe have access to curated content and products from worldwide creators reshaping gender through film, fashion, art, tech, music & more. More information on our Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/bowiecreators/
BØWIE Incubator: A 6-month programme that allows anyone to launch a gender and LGBTIQ+ project, surrounded by a community that provides inspiration, skills, and support (e.g. business development, project management, communication and marketing, fundraising, networking). More information on our website: https://www.bowieincubator.com/ and in the video:
Coached by our Head of Communication, you'll be in charge of:
- Participating in the definition of our social media strategy for our 3 accounts: @be_you_network, @bowieincubator and @bowiecreators (Instagram and Facebook)
- Growing our @bowiecreators community on Instagram in terms of number of followers and engagement through growth hacking techniques and creative content production (e.g. Instagram Live, vlogging)
- Creating the visuals (images and short video clips) for our 3 social media accounts based on the accounts' branding, guidelines and editorial calendar (1 publication per day)
- Creating visuals for our events (e.g. posters, flyers)
- Evaluating the impact of our social media presence (Facebook/Instagram and Google Analytics usage statistics)
- Gender, LGBTIQ+, equality and inclusion topics are important to you and you want to make them visible in an innovative way
- Creative by nature, you master graphic design softwares like Illustrator or Photoshop and use them on a regular basis
- You are interested in digital marketing, you regularly use Facebook and Instagram, and you would like to become a pro
- You are comfortable in social contacts, are eager to get in touch with the creators that we support, and looking forward to hearing their stories
- You enjoy writing in English and are able to converse in French (that’s our team language), and you're irritated by the spelleeng mistakes in this sentence, as well as by the double spaces
- You’re ready to take on Google Analytics and Facebook statistics to analyse the results of your publications
- You love making your own videos and photos even if it’s only for personal projects
- You are naturally proactive and full of ideas that you can't wait to share with us
- You want to live the exciting adventure of an entrepreneurial project with a young and experienced team that's neither afraid of hard work nor of afterworks to relax
If that’s you: Welcome home!
What we offer
- A full-time internship in Geneva, Switzerland from February 1, 2021, for 6 months (may be done remotely due to Covid-19)
- The opportunity to participate in the development of two innovative, creative and socially impactful projects with a national and international audience
- CHF 500.-/month and 2 weeks of paid holidays
- An experience where you bring your own ideas while receiving the support you need to progress
- Skills in communication, content creation, graphic design, community management, digital marketing and social entrepreneurship
- Access to our national and global network on gender, LGBTIQ+, diversity, entrepreneurship, and social innovation, and the opportunity to participate in cool events in all of these domains
- Regular team-building events to get out of the office and get together!
- Last but not least: a work environment where you can always be your true self :)
Is this mission for you?
Apply in English until December 13, 2020 and tell us your vision of the instagram account @bowiecreators and how you imagine contributing to it in terms of content and engagement. Don't hesitate to attach your portfolio if you have one! We'll discuss it over virtual coffee!