Community Builder In An Entrepreneurial Incubator
Internship starting on February 7, 2022 for 6 months - Geneva (Switzerland)
BØWIE is an initiative of Be You Network. We create engaging actions and mindset-shifting content, so that gender norms no longer define who you are, who you can love, or what you can achieve. Since 2010, whether in the fields of education, audiovisual, technology or art, our participative actions have enabled more than 300,000 people to take action, in more than 60 cities in Switzerland and across the world. Our work has been recognized by the Swiss Confederation, the Mercator Foundation, the World Economic Forum, Ashoka, MassChallenge and Le Temps.
The project that you'll be working on: The BØWIE Incubator
The BØWIE Incubator is a 6-month online programme that allows anyone to launch a gender and LGBTIQ+ project, surrounded by a community that provides inspiration, skills, and support (e.g. business development, project management, communication and marketing, fundraising, networking). After 3 successful years in Switzerland, the BØWIE Incubator Programme is going East by welcoming entrepreneurial projects from Austria and Eastern Europe in 2022, alongside the Swiss projects! Be part of this exciting adventure! More information here: https://www.bowiecreators.com/incubator
Coached by the Head of the BØWIE Incubator Programme, you'll be in charge of:
- Prospection – Setting up the necessary conditions to enable the incubation of 20 gender+ projects in 2022
- Scouting gender+ projects across Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Ukraine and reaching out to them through social media and email campaigns
- Looking for international experts & guest speakers and invite them to come and empower our incubated projects
- Community Management – Creating a supportive, interactive & inclusive environment for the incubator ecosystem
- Fulfilling the individual needs of the 2022 incubated projects & BØWIE Alumni·æ
- Tracking the achievements of the incubated projects & helping them move forward
- Informing the projects through recurring emails and newsletters
- Onboarding our guest speakers before the events
- Content Creation & Facilitation – Developing your facilitation skills & learning how to design empowering workshops
- Awards Ceremony – Finding an accessible venue for the 2022 BØWIE Awards Ceremony and arranging the accommodation of the European projects in Geneva
- Gender, LGBTIQ+, equality and inclusion topics are important to you and you want to make them visible in an innovative way
- Passionate about discovering new queer and feminist projects and meeting inspiring leaders, you can’t wait to contribute to the growth of the BØWIE Incubator community
- You are at ease with social contacts and eager to get in touch with gender+ social entrepreneurs from all over Europe
- You enjoy writing in English and are able to converse in French (that’s our team language), and you're irritated by the spelleeng mistakes in this sentence, as well as by the double spaces
- You are interested in developing your facilitation & event design skills
- You are naturally proactive and full of ideas that you can't wait to share with us
- You want to live the exciting adventure of an entrepreneurial project with a young and experienced team that's neither afraid of hard work nor of afterworks to relax
If that’s you: Welcome home!
What we offer
- A full-time internship in Geneva, Switzerland starting on February 7, 2022 for 6 months (we work remotely on Wednesdays and Fridays and in the office in Geneva on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- The opportunity to participate in the development of innovative, creative and socially empowering projects with national and international impact
- CHF 500.-/month and 2 weeks of paid holidays
- An experience where you bring your own ideas while receiving the support you need to progress
- Skills in facilitation, event design, workshops content creation, communication, community management, project management, strategy development and social entrepreneurship
- Access to our national and global network on gender, LGBTIQ+, diversity, entrepreneurship, and social innovation
- Regular team-building events to get out of the office and get together!
- Last but not least: a work environment where you can always be your true self :)
Is this mission for you?
Apply until January 9, 2022, on our online platform: https://hire.li/91442dc
Be ready for a first recorded video interview. This simply means that you will be asked a series of questions in writing, which you can answer on video. You can do this video interview whenever you want, but no later than January 9, 2022. After this date, you will not be able to record your answers.
What do you need to prepare?
Have your CV ready, and enough time on your hands. You’ll be able to record your answers as many times as necessary for you to be happy with your answers. Good luck!