About BØWIE – Gender Projects Incubator
Founded in 2019, BØWIE is the first incubator dedicated to impactful gender projects. BØWIE was created because we believe that there is a need for a support network that gender entrepreneurs can easily find and rely on. We are deeply convinced that we can’t afford to risk and lose talent in a field where so much has still to be done, with women still earning 20% less than men and still carrying most of the burden of childcare, or LGBTIQ+ people still being discriminated against in their personal and professional lives. We’ve built BØWIE to support all the innovators, all the passionate changemakers working on solutions for a more inclusive society. We support our incubated ventures through a 6-month processes, providing them with one-to-one coaching, national community events (in Geneva, Bern, Lausanne and Zürich), workshops, inspiration and networking opportunities.
BØWIE 2019 in numbers: 20 ventures, CHF 70k raised in 6 months by the projects, 50’000 people impacted in 7 Swiss cities. Check out our video:
BØWIE is an initiative of BE YOU NETWORK, a Swiss non-profit organization founded in 2010 and recognized by the Swiss Confederation, the Mercator Foundation, the World Economic Forum, Venture, Venture Kick, the Female Founders Summit, Ashoka and MassChallenge.
As Business Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Making sure that there are tons of great opportunities (mentoring, visibility, financing) available to our incubated ventures during their 6-month curriculum and beyond. You’ll do that by reaching out to other incubators and accelerators, senior entrepreneurs, institutions, schools and companies across Switzerland, learning about their involvement interest (as project advisors, promoters, logistical supporters, speakers, sponsors) and developing partnerships in collaboration with our Head of Curriculum.
- Raising awareness about the untapped potential of gender entrepreneurship in Switzerland. You’ll do that by mapping the Swiss gender ventures landscape, assessing the gaps in comparison to our European neighbours and spreading the results throughout the Swiss entrepreneurial ecosystem by collaborating with key outreach partners.
- Awakening the flame in the hearts of new founders by inspiring them with powerful stories of role models. You’ll do that by managing our “Role models campaign”: a yearly feature of 50 inspiring gender ventures founders from Switzerland and abroad, through social media publications, blogging and events in collaboration with our Communications team.
- Sharing your very own expertise and skills as a dedicated coach for 6 out of the 20 ventures of the 2020 cohort. You’ll also have the possibility to facilitate workshops in your area(s) of expertise.
- You have experience (ideally 3-5 years) in business development, outreach, sales or in any role where you had to build strategies, network, pitch and establish partnerships? If you've been in a sales or business development role before, but would like to "sell" something more meaningful, this could be the perfect role for you - your outreach efforts will help people develop mind-shifting projects, create jobs and build a more inclusive society!
- You are a born networker, a smart seller and are already looking forward to reaching out to founders, incubators, institutions, schools and companies to pitch them BØWIE?
- You are collaborative, energetic, empathetic and a great problem solver?
- You have a positive attitude and a desire to empower others?
- Inclusion, equality, gender and LGBTIQ+ topics are genuinely important to you and you want to contribute in making change happen?
- You enjoy writing, in English and in either German or French (if in both, that’s a big plus!), and you are irritated by the speling mistake in this sentense, as well as by the double spaces?
- Naturally proactive, you already have tons of ideas that you can’t wait to share with us?
- You want to learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, social entrepreneurship and cultural projects while contributing to creating a fairer world for all?
Then welcome home!
- A fixed-term contract starting in April 2020 until December 2021, extendable
- A yearly salary of CHF 48k-62k based on experience
- A cosy office in Geneva with the opportunity to travel throughout Switzerland
- 6 weeks of paid holidays
- CHF 500 yearly to spend on personal and/or professional development
- An experience where you bring your own ideas while receiving the support you need to reach your full potential
- Access to our national network on gender, LGBTIQ+, diversity, entrepreneurship and social innovation, and the opportunity to participate in cool events in all these areas
- Regular team events to get out of the office and have a good time together!
- The chance to join the incubator in its exciting pilot phase and to live the adventure of building an entrepreneurial project from the ground up
- The opportunity to be part of a team that deeply cares about what we do and about each other, that doesn't fear intense work nor afterworks and where the average age is 27
- Last but not least: a work environment where you can always be yourself and where you are celebrated for it :)
Does it sound like you?
Apply until January 15, 2020. Selected applicants will be contacted for two rounds of interviews taking place at the end of January and beginning of February.