About BE YOU NETWORK
We create engaging actions and mindset-shifting content, so that gender norms no longer define who you are, who you can love or what you can achieve. Since 2010, whether in the fields of education, audiovisual, technology or art, our participative actions have enabled more than 240,000 people to take part in change, in more than 60 cities in Switzerland and across the world. Our work has been by the Swiss Confederation, the Mercator Foundation, the World Economic Forum, Ashoka, MassChallenge, Le Temps, Venture, Venture Kick and the Female Founders Summit.
The two projects that you'll be working on
Our blog: The best way to break down stereotypes is to propose a new narrative to replace preconceived ideas. We do this through a blog available on our website www.beyounetwork.org/articles. We share facts, stories and testimonies that relate the reality of today's LGBTIQ+ people. We create content that is inclusive and representative of the world we aspire to live in with the aim to inform, to make people laugh, to move them and above all to open minds.
BØWIE, the first incubator dedicated to gender+ projects in Switzerland: A 6-month programme that allows anyone to launch a gender+ project , surrounded by a community that provides inspiration, skills and support (e.g. business development, project management, communication and marketing, fundraising, networking). More information on BØWIE's website: https://www.bowieincubator.com/ and in video:
Coached by our Head of Communication, you'll be in charge of:
- Participating in the definition of the blog's objectives and publication strategy
- Coordinating the production of articles by volunteer bloggers, following the publication schedule and personally producing articles on topics that you care about :)
- Increasing the pool of volunteer bloggers by identifying influencers via social media (Facebook and Instagram) and via our physical network
- Ensuring the online publication of articles (through the Webflow CMS)
- Boosting our online (Facebook, Instagram and newsletter) and offline (events) presence to promote both the blog and the BØWIE incubator
- Evaluating the impact of the blog and of our social media posts (Facebook/Instagram and Google Analytics usage statistics)
- Capturing BE YOU NETWORK’s essence by covering our events through blog posts, social media posts and photos (shooting, post-production, publication)
- Gender, LGBTIQ+, equality and inclusion topics are important to you and you want to make them visible in an innovative way
- You are interested in digital marketing, you regularly use Facebook and Instagram, and would you like to become a pro
- You are comfortable in social contacts, are eager to get in touch with bloggers and hear their stories
- You enjoy writing in both French and English (German is a plus!), and you're irritated by the spelleeng mistakes in this sentence, as well as by the double spaces
- Creative by nature, you master at least one graphic design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, Procreate)
- You’re ready to take on Google Analytics and Facebook statistics to analyse the results of your posts
- You make your own photos, even if it's only for personal projects; if you also make videos, that's a plus!
- You are naturally proactive and full of ideas that you can't wait to share with us
- You want to live the exciting adventure of an entrepreneurial project with a young and experienced team that's neither afraid of hard work nor of afterworks to relax?
If that’s you: Welcome home!
What we offer
- A full time internship in Geneva, Switzerland from September 21, 2020 for 6 months
- The opportunity to participate in the development of two innovative, creative and social engaged projects with a national audience
- The opportunity to travel in Switzerland
- CHF 500.-/month and 2 weeks of paid holidays
- An experience where you bring your own ideas while receiving the support you need to progress
- Skills in communication, digital marketing, community management, content creation and web publishing
- Access to our national network on gender, LGBTIQ+, diversity, entrepreneurship and social innovation, and the opportunity to participate in cool events in all of these domains
- Regular team building events to get out of the office and get together!
- Last but not least: a work environment where you can always be your true self :)
Is this mission for you?
Apply in English before August 16, 2020 and tell us your vision of the blog and how you imagine contributing to it in terms of content and visibility. Don't hesitate to attach your portfolio if you have one! We'll discuss it over a coffee (or a virtual coffee)!