Art Gallery Management Intern
Internship from 24th January 2022 until 24th July 2022 - Geneva (Switzerland)
BØWIE is an initiative of Be You Network. We create engaging actions and mindset-shifting content, so that gender norms no longer define who you are, who you can love, or what you can achieve. Since 2010, whether in the fields of education, audiovisual, technology or art, our participative actions have enabled more than 300,000 people to take action, in more than 60 cities in Switzerland and across the world. Our work has been recognized by the Swiss Confederation, the Mercator Foundation, the World Economic Forum, Ashoka, MassChallenge and Le Temps.
The project that you'll be working on: The BØWIE Gallery
Join our team as we open the brand new BØWIE Art Gallery in the heart of Geneva, Switzerland. The 210m2 pop-up store will enable us to showcase young queer and feminist visual artists from Switzerland and Europe, and raise awareness about gender diversities amongst the general population. This gallery is part of COLLECTIVE (R)EVOLUTION: a 3-year artistic project aiming at improving the inclusion of people identifying as women and LGBTIQ+ in Switzerland and Europe by opening a critical dialogue through art. You will join the team at the very beginning of our project and thus will have the opportunity to participate in the whole process and development!
Coached by our Head of the BØWIE Art Programme, you'll be in charge of:
- Welcoming the public at the gallery and representing the BØWIE values
- Presenting the artists and their works to the public and selling the artworks
- Helping with the administrative management of the gallery (artist contracts, invoices, shipping of artworks)
- Maintaining the presentation of the gallery to the highest standards
- Helping in the organization of a major exhibition and of special events at the galley, such as Meet & Greet with artists, and other private events
- Outreaching to various audiences (via email campaigns, social media, paper invitations) to promote the Gallery and our various events
- Evaluating the social impact of the project
- Gender, LGBTIQ+, equality and inclusion topics are important to you and you want to make them visible in an innovative way
- Sociable by nature, you are comfortable in social contacts, are eager to get in touch with the artists that we support, and customers that we will come in the gallery
- You have a background in art and are passionate about Contemporary Art and its market
- You enjoy to converse in French and English
- You are ready to learn a new way of talking about art, mixing a commercial approach with a social purpose
- You are naturally proactive and full of ideas that you can't wait to share with us
- You want to live the exciting adventure of an entrepreneurial project with a young and experienced team that's neither afraid of hard work nor of afterworks to relax
If that’s you: Welcome home!
What we offer
- A full-time internship in Geneva, Switzerland from 24 January 2022 until 24 July 2022
- CHF 500.-/month and 2 weeks of paid holidays
- The opportunity to participate in the development of an artistic, creative and socially impactful project with a national and international audience
- Skills in art sales, gallery management, curation and exhibition design for social impact
- An experience where you bring your own ideas while receiving the support you need to progress
- Access to our national and global network on gender, LGBTIQ+, diversity, entrepreneurship, social innovation and art
- Regular team-building events to get out of the office and get together!
- Last but not least: a work environment where you can always be your true self :)
Is this mission for you?
Apply until January 9, 2022, on our online platform: https://hire.li/3ffba3b
Be ready for a first recorded video interview. This simply means that you will be asked a series of questions in writing, which you can answer on video. You can do this video interview whenever you want, but no later than January 9, 2022. After this date, you will not be able to record your answers.
What you need
Have your CV ready, and enough time on your hands. You’ll be able to record your answers as many times as necessary for you to be happy with your answers. Good luck!”